Frankincense is one of the world's most popular essential oils, and as you know, we're pretty much in love with it here at Corked! While there are several uses for Frankincense essential oil, and we recommend you have a bottle at your home at all times, we've chosen our Top 5 Great Ways to Use Frankincense for today's blog! Read on to learn them all!
1. Preventing Infections and Healing Cuts and Scrapes: One of the most powerful effects of Frankincense is its properties as an antiseptic. Antiseptics are essential around a home with a family, especially one with children, because there's almost always someone who's got a scrape of some sort! While there are many different over-the-counter antiseptics available to you at the store, there's no extensive list of ingredients when it comes to Frankincense. Why introduce a bunch of chemicals into the healing equation when you don't have to? Grab some Frankincense and mix it with a carrier oil, so the next time you or your kiddos get a cut or scrape you can use it to kill bacteria and speed up the healing process!
2. Reducing Inflammation in the Joints: Arthritic knuckles and joints can be more than a pain, they can cause swelling and inflammation and really put a damper on your day. Sometimes, your prescribed medication doesn't take care of all of the soreness or swelling, so you need something else to curb your symptoms. Here's some good news for you: Frankincense inhibits the formation of inflammatory molecules and helps prevent the breakdown of cartilage tissue! Research from Cardiff University shows this to be true, so we encourage you to use a carrier oil and a few drops of Frankincense to relieve some of that inflammation!
3. Break-Up Congestion and Stuffiness: More than just a pain reliever, Frankincense can be incredibly useful in helping you remedy the symptoms of a cold as well as sinus inflammation! Taking advantage of this is as easy as doing an at-home steam treatment by filling a bowl with steaming-hot water and dropping about 4-5 drops of Frankincense essential oil into the water. After that, drape a towel over your head and hold your face over the water, breathing normally, for around 5 minutes. Afterward, blow your nose and wash your face, and you'll notice clearer breathing and less phlegm!
4. Stress Relief and Calming Your Spirit: Using only a few drops of Frankincense essential oil and a carrier oil like coconut or almond oil, rub your temples with the pads of your fingers in a circular motion to relieve stress due to a headache, or a headache due to stress! You can also drop a few drops into the palms of your hands and breathe deeply from your cupped hands, or use a cloth with drops of Frankincense in the shower! No matter which method you choose, the sweet and gentle scent of Frankincense is sure to calm your spirit!
5. Boost Your Immune System: By diffusing Frankincense into your bedroom or around your home, you can help to boost your immune function during cold and flu season! Although it does not take the place of vaccination or treatment from a physician, you certainly can make fighting that cold go a bit easier with a little help from Frankincense essential oil!
There you have it! Today's blog is done, but our journey has not finished! Join us next week for more awesome tips and tricks to use with your essential oils! Until next time, take care!
Comments will be approved before showing up.